- Follow Bridgewater School – Prep. Department on WordPress.com
- 453,541 views
- Prep Five Maya afternoon
- Reception explore Middle Eastern flavours
- World Maths Day celebrated across Prep classes
- The programmers of tomorrow…
- A peas-ful day in the garden…
- Olly’s charity walk
- World Book Week Challenge Winners Announced
- Sunflowers on their way up!
- The Prep Magazine – Spring edition 20-21
- Easter Bonnet Bonanza!
- The Great Bridgewater Prep Sunflower Challenge!
- Easter Gardens
- Signs of Spring by Reception
- The Egg-cellent Comic Relief Red Nose Relay
- Reception by Reception
- Prep V move mountains…
- World Book Day 2 – Share a Story and other activities
- World Book Day 2021
- Detective Digiduck to the rescue!
- Safer Internet Day 2021 – #AnInternetWeTrust
- The Great Kindergarten Bake Along…
- 30 days of fitness!
- Rainbow Dog
- Snakes alive! (and other animals…)
- Digital Self Portraits
- Erupting artwork in Prep III!
- Rainbow Pictures
- Mr. Rooney’s Rainbow Appeal
- Mince pies? They’ll do nicely, thank you…
- Santa Dash and Christmas Jumper Day
Author Archives: BridgewaterPrep
Prep Five spent an entertaining and informative afternoon learning about the Maya people thisweek with history facilitator Del Bannister. The Maya were an ancient civilization form Mesoamerica, and we found out about their culture, rituals, diet and clothes by working … Continue reading
Reception Class have continued with the ever popular Wednesday Kitchen since we ceased virtual teaching. The children love it! Last week we made bread, related to the story ‘The Little Red Hen’ from our current theme, Traditional Tales. This week … Continue reading
Since Pythagoreans created the word “mathematics” in the 6th century BC, numbers have been a beneficial and challenging part of life. Whether the actual crunching of numbers sounds exciting or repulsive, celebrating World Maths Day can be oodles and oodles … Continue reading
Prep I have been continuing their early steps into computer programming, learning how to program a floor robot, or BeeBot. They have seen that the robot moves forwards and backwards a fixed distance and have understood that the robots follow … Continue reading
The recent sunny weather has seen our Junior Gardeners able to bring out some of the plants they have been growing inside out into the garden. This week we had a double dose of peas – sweet peas (worth growing … Continue reading
This month, Prep II pupil Olly embarked on a journey with his auntie to raise money for Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity by walking a collective 130 miles. Olly, who has been a regular visitor to the Children’s Hospital since … Continue reading
As part of World Book Day – which was extended to a week here in Bridgewater – Miss Gill tasked children with a variety of book related challenges. You can see Miss Gill’s video here. Today, the prizes were awarded … Continue reading
We’re delighted with first reports from our Prep growers of the progress of their sunflower seeds. We have to say that KG’s Lachlan seems to be the front runner at the moment (much to Mrs. Sweeney’s chagrin!) but there is … Continue reading
Please find attached a copy of our Spring edition of the Prep magazine, showcasing the work of our children throughout the department. Click on the cover page below to open the edition. We hope you enjoy it. You can find … Continue reading
This morning’s arrival in school was a joy to behold as our children were festooned in the most amazing, colourful Easter bonnet creations. Well done to everyone for the creativity in making them – they really brightened up the morning!