As part of their geography unit on mountains, Prep V have looked at the artist Katsushika Hokusai, whose most iconic and recognisable piece was probably The Great Wave off Kanagawa, an illustration of a crashing wave, three boats, and the peak of Mount Fuji in the distance. This piece was part of his series Thirty-Six Views of Mount Fuji, which Prep V have been using as a basis for their own Hokusai collages. Using magazine pieces, the children have sketched their Hokusai versions onto paper and are in the process of using the magazine pieces to colour their drawings. It’s a messy process, and it’s not finished yet, but we are looking forward to seeing the final product. Watch this space!
- Follow Bridgewater School – Prep. Department on WordPress.com
- 604,102 views
- Jolly hockey sticks!
- What Parents and Carers Need to Know about Influencers
- Thank you from Mr. Connolly!
- Runners in the mix at Mini Great Manchester Run
- Reception by Reception
- Looking After Your Wellbeing Online
- Jack’s on Trial in Prep I
- Monkey for lunch with Prep V Mayans
- Planting for the future with Prep III at the RHS
- Prep Leadership Team Elected
- Prep Extravaganza Celebrates Coronation
- Trees planted for coronation…
- Prep V reach the Champions League
- Tyldesley tour de force for netballers
- It’s Hot In The City for Prep II
- Prep Council choose commemorative trees
- Prep VI ward off Hitler’s bombers
- Leo secures national art prize
- Marathon effort from Mr. Connelly
- What Parents and Carers Need to Know about OFCOM’s Children and Parents: Media Use and Attitudes Report 2023
- What Parents and Carers Need to Know about Fortnite Chapter 4
- Easter Eggs-travaganza!
- Gardeners embrace RHS Big Seed Sow
- Prep Magazine Spring 2023-2023
- Prep III get explosive!
- Flopsy finds a home!
- Soggy Soccer Success!
- Red Nose Day chuckles
- “Veni, vidi, vici…” – well, Prep III did at least!
- Fours turn out at football festival