We would like to offer all Prep III-VI children the opportunity to assist with the smooth running of the PE Department at Bridgewater Prep by becoming a Sports Captain. With the health of the nation never being so important, we feel it is an ideal time to promote how sport and recreation can provide so many worthwhile and unique opportunities in our daily life. The role will offer the chance to demonstrate leadership, responsibility and organisational skills for one boy and one girl in each of the Key Stage 2 classes. If you would like to be considered for the role of Sports Captain you must:
- Complete an application form to briefly describe why you would be suitable for the role and represent your class in the right manner
- Consistently demonstrate core values of playing with respect, consideration, enjoyment and fair play within PE lessons, sports clubs and in class.
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 22nd October 2020 – the announcements for new Sports Captains will be made after half term.
If you are in Prep III, IV, V or VI and want to be considered for the role for your class, then see Mr. Altdorf for an application form. It will only take you 10 minutes at the most to complete and there are no other presentations to be made. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Be a positive role model during playtimes and lessons by promoting a good all round sporting attitude.
- Encourage pupils to participate positively in lessons and extra-curricular clubs.
- Assist in running of intra-school tournaments (officiating, assisting with the setting up of equipment team leading, etc.)
- Assist in the running of Sports Days.
- Assist with lunch time sports clubs and after school clubs.
- Various other sports related jobs throughout the year.
If you would like further information then please contact Mr. Altdorf at email@example.com