As many of the children in Prep are aware, Frank and Shelley, Prep VI’s giant African land snails, produced a large number of offspring about three weeks ago. The young snails are doing well but, as conditions in the tank are becoming very crowded, it is necessary to find the little “Shellets” and “Franklings” new homes.
A number of children have asked if they may take snails home as pets so, in the interests of finding new accommodation for these fascinating creatures, Prep VI have done some research on websites to produce an information sheet on how to look after them.
GALS are very easy to keep, requiring minimal attention and a simple care plan. Re-housing of our young snails is becoming an urgent issue and sadly, if new homes cannot be found, the offspring will have to be disposed of as humanely as possible.
If you are willing and able to adopt a pair of snails, or even just an individual snail, please return the permission slip at the bottom of the attached letter on this blog post and you may collect your little molluscan mate, along with a fact sheet, from Prep VI.
Please be warned that pairs of snails will breed so you may wish just to have one.
In anticipation of your help,
Mr. J. Grant
- Follow Bridgewater School – Prep. Department on WordPress.com
- 469,937 views
- Prep VI Moving On
- Readers reach 250 home read milestone
- Radio 2 Big Bee Challenge
- Oh I do like to be beside the seaside…
- Prep Magazine Summer 2020-2021
- Junior Maths Challenge
- EYFS go through their paces for Sports Day
- Bridgewater Sports Day 1 Rain 0
- The Olympics Spirit Comes to Bridgewater
- Alfie wins prestigious ISA award
- Bridgewater Athletes Virtually Unbeatable!
- Alfie nominated as ISA Athlete of the Term – your vote needed!
- Hanging around at Haigh Hall
- Back Together For National Week Of Sport.
- ISA Sports Design Competition
- Prep V and VI take to the skies over Haigh Hall…
- Bridgewater A Hop, Step and A Jump Away From Athletics Clean Sweep!
- Radio 2’s Big Bee Challenge launched in Prep
- Sunflower Challenge update
- Prep I’s African Poster Bonanza!
- The Sounds of Science (and other experiments)…
- The Masked Mask Makers of Prep V
- Bridgewater at Bridgewater
- Head Boy and Head Girl elected for 2021-2022
- Visiting Author Tells Herstories…
- Stamp of approval for pandemic heroes…
- Prep IV Egyptian Day
- Athletes in Sprint Finish for ISA Virtual Competition Honours!
- Award winning Junior Gardeners plant out prize…
- Prep IV practise their ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs